Medical Secretary Primary Function:
Provide general clerical support to maintain optimal performance of office processes.
Company Expectations of the Employee:
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management techniques.
- Prioritize workload so as to meet productivity standards and applicable deadlines.
- Communicate with Home Health Administrator on a regular basis about project status and issues.
- Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude and demeanor.
- Report to work on time and prepared to perform duties of position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinician paperwork: Develop, maintain, and enforce accurate systems for submitting clinician paperwork/telephony calls, reconcile all clinician paperwork, verify paperwork received is complete and accurate and redistribute for corrections as necessary, develop and maintain accurate tracking systems for 5-day turnarounds and recertification, maintain systems to track daily patient notes, develop and maintain systems for notifying clinicians of paperwork due to complete patient release.
**All other duties assigned by supervising manager.
Minimum of high school diploma or GED. Some post-secondary coursework
- Minimum of two years clerical experience.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and claims processing strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to protected and sensitive information.
- Must be able to work and solve problems independently by applying analytical and logical thinking.
- Able to use standard office equipment and software proficiently.
- Able to read and interpret reports, general business directives, and policy and procedure statements.
- Able to write routine business reports and correspondence.
- Able to respond to common inquiries and complaints from internal and external customers.
- Able to professionally communicate with internal and external customers.
- Able to organize and present basic reports and information to applicable internal parties.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts in whole and percentages.
- Able to perform basic computations such as averages and ratios.
- Able to read and interpret visual data in charts and graphs.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Able to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, talk, hear, and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls for extended periods of time. The
employee will also occasionally be required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
crawl, and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally be required to lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. The employee must have adequate (with correction) close vision,
distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is no significant exposure to extreme environmental conditions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate with voices, office equipment, and foot traffic sounds often
being present. The employee may occasionally be required to travel to off-site meeting or training
locations where different environmental conditions may exist.